Welcome to the Redside Foundation
The Redside Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission of supporting the health and strength of the Idaho Guiding Community. We pursue this mission through a focus on guide health, education, and professional development.
If you or someone close to you needs immediate assistance, please call the Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline: (800)273-8255 or visit www.IdahoSuicidePrevention.org. If you are a guide or know a guide-in-need, please call the Redside Foundation Helpline: (208)740-1192 and your call will be returned within 48 hours.
Both services are free and confidential.
Scholarships & Grants
One of the Redside Foundation’s objectives is to offer scholarships to Idaho guides who are continuing their education. The Foundation currently offers two scholarships: the Telly Evans Memorial Scholarship at the University of Idaho; and the Idaho Guide Scholarship awarded to Idaho guides attending any accredited college, university, trade, or professional school in the U.S. Both scholarships are $1000 and are awarded to individuals based on their academic record and financial need. The scholarships are typically awarded in two $500 disbursements – one each in Fall and Spring semesters. The Redside Foundation also offers Professional Training Grants to guides who want to improve their skills with courses such as swiftwater rescue, wilderness first responder, avalanche safety and awareness, safe horsemanship skills, etc.
Latest News from the RSF
- Aug 27, 2016 Guide of the Month: Mike Gehrman, Solitude River Trips
- Aug 2, 2016 Avoiding Burnout During a Long Guiding Season
- Jul 15, 2016 Guide of the Month: Sita Vaughan, White Cloud
- Jun 27, 2016 Packing for the Middle Fork
- May 2016
- April 2016
- Mar 25, 2016 Guide of the Month: Sara Lundy, Sawtooth Mountain Guides
- Mar 18, 2016 The Pride of Being a Guide
- Sep 1, 2015 2015-2016 Redside Foundation Scholarship Program
- Mar 26, 2015 How should we talk about mental health?
- February 2015